Business of the Year
This Award is open to any business that employs more than 5 staff or has an annual turnover of more than £500,000.
The judges will be looking for evidence of:
- Business growth
- A commitment to the local community including local job creation
- Proven success and achievement during the past 12 months
- Management with the ability to drive the business forward
- A genuine commitment to staff.
Apprentice of the Year
This Award is open to any individual who has undergone training whilst in work for at least 12 months prior to 1st April 2018. There is no age restriction.
Nominees/Applicants may be on a formal apprenticeship scheme, external training or higher education but must be working with a locally based business for at least 20 hours per week.
Judges will be looking for nominees/applicants who have:
- Undergone re-training and education to change or improve their career
- Shown extraordinary commitment to workplace and education
- Attributes and qualities which make them an exemplary member of the team
- Being an ambassador for apprentices, young professionals or re-training.